Driving up we stopped for the morning at Arches National Park outside of Moab, Utah. It is such a cool and beautiful place... if only they weren't Nazi's about keeping dogs off all the trails, poor Murph had to stay in the parking lot. :(
Murphy (now nicknamed "Murphin" by cousin Anna) LOVED the lake! He swam non-stop from morning until night, eagerly paddling after us as we pulled away in the boats, diving in after his rope buoy over and over and over again, and chasing down each rock the kids threw in. He belly flopped on the boat lift once, jumped from the top of the rock wall twice... and made a great co-captain/ spotter on the old ski boat. We are so glad that we brought him (even if the neighbours weren't quite as glad...)
Wheeler loved the lake too! His extra layer of insulation kept him nice and warm and he braved the chilly mountain water. He was very serious when riding in the boat, but loved the sound of the motor going and driving with papa.
Matt is now officially a better water-skier than I am... which makes me really competitive and mad. My excuse is I couldn't ski last year because I was pregnant, but really he is just better than me now. It is frustrating, but pretty darn sexy...
Wheeler loved his morning hikes with mommy, nana and Murphy...
Wheeler's first 4th of July Parade...
Freezies make everything better. (His first one!)
After our week at the cabin we drove up to Calgary to see our Swan cousins... and say goodbye to daddy!
We didn't want to say goodbye to Sara and the kiddos quite so soon, so
they came with us down to Lethbridge for a week of swimming & playing with Murphy!
While back home in Lethbridge we had a fun pool party with some of my highschool girlfriends and their adorable kids. It was so good to see everyone and catch up a little not just on facebook! ( I promised the girls no embarrassing swim suit pictures would end up on the internet, so you just get kid pictures)
We stayed in Lethbridge about a week, caught a cold from Anna (definitely worth it!), and headed back down to the cabin for a few more days.
We drove over Logan's Pass on the way down. It is such a pretty view and made me remember how much I miss the mountains... and we saw just the right amount of snow.
What a great month vacationing! We had so much fun with our family. The pictures don't show everyone, but during our trip we saw everyone in both of our families except for 1 ( and he is in England or we would have seen him on our way too!) Wheeler and Murphy were both such troupers on the drive, and we are definitely glad that we took the chance to drive up for the first time since we have lived here. It is definitely something we will do again ( but maybe not for a year or two... :)
Such cute pictures, and I'm glad you survived the long drive back home! I'm so glad I got to see you and meet the little man himself. I can't look at a single picture of Wheeler without giggling. He's seriously so cute I just want to squeeze him!
ReplyDeleteDear Jan,
ReplyDeleteAnna does not have dog cousins. That would be...odd. Also, that kiss was certainly worth the cold!