Saturday, September 25, 2010

broken baby...

Nothing makes you feel like a worse mom when you turn your back for less than 10 seconds and your crazy, crawling climbing 9 month old crawls right off the edge of the bed and breaks his collar bone. Poor little guy. He can't put any weight on his right arm, and so it just hangs there limp and hurt and reminding me that I suck. The doctor says it is a pretty common injury for babies (especially when they start moving and crawling everywhere and off of things), and it should thankfully heal on its own in about 2 weeks. Poor broken baby Wheeler!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Jan. I'm so sad for little Wheeler. I hope he does alright for the next 2 weeks! Let me know if you need anything; a visit, some chocolate, etc.

    Also, don't worry. You're not a bad mother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jan! What a poor kid. Kids do the craziest things. I am shocked my kids haven't already broken a bone. Are you going to still be able to come see me this weekend? I still would LOVE to see you, but I totally understand if it would be too hard on Wheeler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man! thats terrible! whats with the family breaking bones right before SFR! good thing wheeler had insurance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Janny, that's the saddest thing! Poor little guy. Kids are fast, and any mother who hasn't had a kid break a bone is just plain LUCKY, you're not a bad mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you kidding, I didn't know this! Poor little wheeler!

    ReplyDelete