I received a thoughtful email from a neighbor while we were away for the holidays. She was doing some early spring cleaning and wondered if I wanted a few of the toys that her boys had grown out of., including a tricycle with a push pole in the back and a little tikes crazy coupe. Of course I accepted the kind offer...everyone knows hand-me-downs are the best... and even though Wheeler is not lacking in the toy department I figured we could just pass on what we didn't use.
So our neighbor came over with the car, the fancy trike and two HUGE garbage bags full of toys. Impressed but surprised by her generosity I probed as how she has thought of us as the recipients for the loot...
She admitted that earlier in the month she had seen us through her window pulling Wheeler down the street on his little ride on car ( a 3 dollar garage sale find that definitely looks its age) using one of Murphy's old dog leashes as a makeshift rope tied around the handlebars. Apparently our public display of "innovative engineering" came across a little closer to "welfare family".
How embarrassing.
Here is a picture of Wheeler enjoying his new welfare car!
SO JEALOUS of your cozy coupe! Way to go welfare!
ReplyDelete