Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Blog Blah

My blog has been a little scarce this last month. And looking back at my June calendar it was not for lack of things to write about, or lack of time. Both have been plenty, but blogging about them and  uploading my pictures to post, has been one of the last things I've felt like doing.  Even today the only reason I am sitting down to type ( actually laying down) is because I threw out my stupid back this past weekend and am immobilized in bed and getting bored of looking at things to not buy on amazon.  Bad back aside, I seem to be in a blog funk. Maybe it is the crazy Texas heat. Maybe it is the never ending frustration to keep a house clean for people NOT to come see it or buy it. Maybe it is the fertility drugs that my body is deciding not to respond to. Who knows... and more likely than not no one really cares besides me.... So considering it is not lady like to whine,  I will digress and skip to my update from our past month,  (and then maybe add some pics later when I get feeling a little more sunny)

Starting at the beginning of June we decided to start spending our weekends out at Matt's parents vacant house in Katy. We did a mini-move with just enough furniture to get by, and not make our house in town look too bare. The idea has been a good one. We were making so many trips out there anyway to clean the pool, check mail, etc. So staying for a few days each week made sense. We have been able to start going to the new ward and made some new friends. Wheeler started nursery and loves it! (our old ward let them go in with parents after a year, so he has had plenty of practice making the transition fairly smooth)
We have also had lots of visitors drive from in town for BBQ's and a swim on Saturdays. We have discovered what those high property taxes and pro-suburbs fuss is all about. THE COMMUNITY POOLS! They are awesome and have made a suntanned brave little fish out of Whee! (he was a very cautious swimmer at first, but with floaties and these great community pools/splash parks he is loving it now). He and I have actually been driving out additionally at least once a week to play with new friends and go to the community pools. We have also been going on some fun little dates together this past month. We went to his first movie in the big theater(Rio), special dessert at Cheesecake Factory, Barnes & Noble "train" dates(they have a huge set of Thomas the Train that kids can play with) and some far to frequent stops at the doughnut shop during our morning run.*I figure that eating a doughnut and running cancel each other out... right?!?
Other important dates this past month were our anniversary and fathers day. Matt and I celebrated our 7th anniversary with a fancy dinner out and a movie. I love Matt. He is awesome, and in 7 years I've only become more sure that I married the perfect person for me. We celebrated him and Father's day with a breakfast in bed and a lot of pie!
The end of the month brought family in from West Texas. We love having cousins to play with, and it was fun watching Wheeler interact and follow them around. We swam a lot, went to the children's museum, had a seafood feast(complete with boiling our own lobsters) and many late nights! If only Amarillo weren't so far away.
So there is June for you. July has been equally as fun so far. We had a great July 4th party that I will blog about later.(hopefully). And our trip to Canada is coming up soon too! Oh and we have some exciting family news (No I'm not pregnant yet) but I will wait to blog about that too until I get the ok from those involved. Such a cliff hanger, but will be worth the story I promise!
Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment