This year marks the very first Christmas spent with just our own little family. With circumstances quite out of our control, trips cancelled, and work projects having delays, we made the most of it being just the three of us this Christmas, and were pleasantly surprised at what we found. It was quiet and cozy and quite wonderful.
We enjoyed the usual treats, new pajamas and random assortment of classic holiday movies on Christmas Eve. We left cookies for Santa and a carrot for each of the reindeer. And I had to laugh at my husband who meticulously chewed each carrot to make it look as if a reindeer had nibbled it. I am sure Wheeler will appreciate his efforts more in Christmases to come. Such a good dad!
On Christmas morning we didn't bother to remind our clueless 2 year old that Santa had come and there were piles of presents to open in the front room... and instead brought him into our bed and let him watch an hour of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse so we could get more sleep. Genius parenting! The rest of the day was spent in low key fashion opening and playing with gifts, and chatting with family on facetime. (Some serious Merry Christmas wishes to the late Steve Jobs and Apple Co. for the modern marvel of facetime. I know I am technologically challenged, but can't help but be seriously impressed by the fact that within an hour we saw family in Malaysia, Canada, and West Texas. So completely awesome.)
It was definitely a Merry Christmas in our house. We hope that it was in yours too!
*Sorry, no pictures... maybe I will do better for Wheeler's birthday or New Years.
I know what you mean! We have had our own little family Christmas for two years now and I love it. I thought I would be sad and lonely too, but it is just cozy and wonderful. We did a google hangout with everyone too, technology definitely makes being farther away easier :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys had such an awesome Christmas!