Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Acrosticly Pregnant





P is for PLANNED PARENTING. After several years of trying on our own, we used a fertility specialist to get pregnant. We are glad that part is over, but grateful for medical advances and services here in Houston that helped us to start our family.

R is for RELIEF and REALLY EXCITED. We were one month away from using Invitro, and had started looking into adoption options when we found out we were pregnant.

E is for EN ROUTE TO MEXICO. After we found out we took our first official ( non-back home to Canada) vacation since we were married 5 years ago, and spent a week on the beach at an all inclusive resort south of Cancun.

G is for GIRL OR BOY? Matt wanted a girl. I wanted a boy. I won, and so did my dad with an unfair insider trading bet with mom.

N is for NO NEW AGE NUTRITION. My organic, dairy free, holistic diet hit the trash with the first trimester. Good intentions and habits count for squat when all you can stomach are lemonade, hamburgers and mash potatoes.

A is for ALOT OF MOVEMENT. Baby hasn't stopped kicking, flipping, or wiggling in about a month. At first very cool, now not so much especially in the middle of the night.(is it bad parenting to yell at your kid before they are even out of your body?)

N is for NOT TRYING TO BE NEUROTIC/ OCD. My "lets make a plan" instinct is being suppressed as much as possible as we get ready for the baby. Im not deciding on Yes or No to epidurals or other birthing plans... I know myself and if I make a plan and things don't go according to it... its not good times for anyone. Better to just know my options and then see how it goes during.

T is for TIME TO WAIT. The second trimester has flown by, but with an evergrowing girth and several months to go the waiting might be hard. But it is a good thing there are 9 months... because it is going to take that long to teach Murphy not to rip up baby toys, sleepers and diapers. Poor puppy... isn't going to know what hit him!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah Jan! I am so happy you gave into all of my peer pressuring to blog! If you need any help just give me a call, but I am sure you will be able to figure it all out.
    You look so cute. I am so happy to see your belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, so tell me now is it slater or zack? seriously. you look so cute preggo - and I thought you would be so much bigger since you are such a small person, but of course...no. Oh, and I thought I should warn you that it's true what they say, an active baby in the womb is an active (crazy) baby once it's born. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Congrats Jan & Matt!!! Jan your belly is so cute! so happy for you guys & baby, and happy that you started a blog! Sorry to hear about your good eating being thrown out the window by baby - I hear ya! And I totally agree with you about the birth plan thing. After making birth plans anticiapting both babies, and none of it happening ANY of the ways I'd ever expect...it's good to not have a plan, but definitely know your options.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your boobs are huge!! What the heck, and there's not even milk in them yet. You may give Jen Sloan a run for her Double H's money!!
    You look cuter with a bun in the oven then ever I have seen you! CONGRATS to you two! I'm excited to meet the little Wheels. Or Sir Henry Wheeler the third..lol. Love you! Keep being a blog nerd I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan, you look adorable! I am so happy and excited for you and your new baby boy!! Yay for blogging and keeping in touch! :)

    ReplyDelete