Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Flu shot or not?

It's not a compliant, its a fact... it is a crappy time to be pregnant in your 3rd trimester. The news splashes stories every night about some pregnant lady or her baby that died from complications after getting the Swine Flu. And a slough of opinionists says if you are pregnant RUN to the nearest Dr. Office and get immunized because you are at the top of the list!
So why am I not running... of course I am concerned, and usually boarderlining a pessimistic hypochondriac when it comes to picking up illnesses. But after 8 years of working with kids with an array of developmental disabilities and seeing so closely the eerie similaries in low immune resistance, allergies and what even an annual flu shot does the majority of many kids...(nevermind the ZILLIONS of stories from intelligent mothers... excluding Jenny McCarthy... about 1st and 2nd year immunizations and their devestating effects on their childs development and of which I am certain that although it may not be the "cause" of Autism and spectrum disorders, there is an undeniable connection that shouldn't be discounted)... so Yes, I am hesitant to get myself immunized at the risks that the quickly manifactured, poorly tested swine flu vaccine places on our baby boy. (note: boys are almost 5 times more likely to develop a spectrum disorder than girls.. you should see the classes I have taught. If girls are in them at all they are most often seizure related delays, rather than full on spectrum classified  kids. So this stat in the back of my head may or may not be making the hesitation even greater to pump some engineered virus into the boy in my pregnant body).
So what are my options? Face mask in public. House bound recluse. Back to the witch doctor/ homeopath/acupuncturist( that didn't work getting us pregnant, so why would it safeguard against getting the swine flu?). Cross my fingers for the next 2 months. Or do I suck it up and take my chances with the vaccines. For the record, YES I am going to immunize the baby when it is born. I think it is irresponsible given the many options to minimalize doses, remove heavy metal toxins like mercury, stack and spread out the shots, to not get your child immunized at all. And worry for the trend of "say no to immunizations" when a measles or polio outbreak in public school leaves 19th century effects... but that is a topic for another day. Today I need to know what do I do? Flu shot or not? I just don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment