On a follow up to last blog, I have decided upon getting both the seasonal Flu shot and the Swine Flu shot as soon as I can get my hands on them. We had someone close lose a baby this week from getting the H1N1 virus, and have had a brother, sister in law, 1 year old neice and mom all sick with it for the last several days. No more messing around... the risks of getting so severely sick and having complications outweigh my nervousness about immunizations.
Okay, you convinced me. I see my OBGYN FINALLY for the first time today (blasted Canadian health care) and I've debating about the H1N1 vaccine all week. But I think I'll just get mine and Cohen's done.
ReplyDeleteAnd could you send me the vaccination schedule you're going to use for your baby? I'm interested...thanks!
Also, quick question. Did the baby you knew that passed away from H1N1 have any other conditions? I'm totally going to be scared to take my baby anywhere, especially church!
ReplyDeleteWow, nice flip flop. But anyway, I won’t spend the time or energy to regale you with my thoughts on the ‘to shoot or not to shoot’. I think that we have already had that discussion and I respect your decision to change your mind given that its now hitting close to home.
ReplyDeleteThat being said…… I do have a relevant antic dote to the ‘pandemic’ we are now facing! Have you or your readers seen the movie 12 Monkeys? Matt says you hate that movie (which is probably the material to another blog post, because I would be interested why since it is the best movie ever), but I digress….
It occurred to me that perhaps the movie is a prophecy for the times we are now facing! Now since the filmmakers are probably not mormon, so of course it couldn’t REALLY be inspired, but there are a lot of similarities to the H1N1 virus and the scientifically engineered virus that kills millions in the movie, forcing the survivors to live underground. Don’t stop reading, just think about it…. I have prepared some key similarities for your consideration:
The virus in the movie is spread starting in San Francisco, New Orleans, Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Kinshasa, Karachi, Bangkok, then Peking. The H1N1 virus began in Mexico in March, was in the US in April, and then Europe in May, and Asia close to June. In the movie it was the mad scientist who had the disease and travelled to those cities is systematic fashion, thus allowing symptoms and deaths to follow that pattern.
Also, while in the ‘past’ (our present) James Cole hears on the radio that there is a boy stuck in the well, and says that the boy is hiding in the barn, thus proving to his hostage that he is from the future. Well perhaps through this recent Bubble Boy episode, the REAL James Cole is among us and knew all along that they boy was actually in the attic!
So, if this is true, and the movie is telling us what is about to happen, what can we do? We can hope that there is a James Cole among us and hope that he finds the source of this epidemic. Depsite this, it is very clear in the movie that they cannot save anyone in our present (their past). As Dr. Railly says “if we can’t really change anything, because its already happened, then we ought to at least smell the roses”.
One thing we could possibly do is call the carpet cleaning company and leave them a message that says we are willing to help! Send James Cole to us! We will be his instruments! (do you think it’s a coincidence that the hero of the movie’s initials are what they are?)
But perhaps this is our fault. Perhaps there is an apocalyptic scientist out there intent on serving justice to the world. All we can really do is prepare to live underground…….
“Surely there is very real and very convincing data that the planet cannot survive the excesses of the human race: proliferation of atomic devices, uncontrolled breeding habits, the rape of the environment, the pollution of land, sea, and air. In this context, isn't it obvious that "Chicken Little" represents the sane vision and that Homo Sapiens' motto, "Let's go shopping!" is the cry of the true lunatic?”
You guys are TOO CUTE!!! Your baby is going to outshine Olivia! :) hahahaha! your genes can do no wrong...hopefully he'll wait until we get back to make his grand appearance.
ReplyDelete