It is official... I have a serious nesting problem, and too much nervous energy that is spewing out all over the place.
Here is the obviously rediculous list of self inflicted projects that have been started and are in danger of non-completion before the baby gets here...
-baby quilt ( on the floor at Matt's mom's house... going on month 2.. since I am a horrible sewer)
-cover pillows ( have had material for +6 months and just now feel the urge to get it done)
-fix bed quilt that Murphy chewed a whole in 4 months ago.
-Child birthing class with Matt ( half way done... we both felt horribly nautious during the entire first class... the second one on epidurals and "what can go wrong" should be entertaining)
-finish baby room set up ( my attempt at chocolate and cream modern has gone terribly wrong as bits of green, orange and tuquoise have sprung up and taken over)
-train Murphy to walk on the tred mill (don't laugh, we spent hours last weekend attempting this... and only made slight progress when we fed him handfulls of pasta noodles)
-train Murphy not chew up socks/undies/dishtowels, eat muffins/cookies/bagels off the counter. (no progress made with pasta noodles)
-chronological albuming of photographs from highschool, college, matt's mission, family, etc (started out as way to keep busy when I can't sleep at night but it has turned into a neverending mess on my kitchen table)
-arrange, and rearrange bookshelfs in T.V room. It just doesn't look right! ( currently on #3 attempt)
- clean out junk closet in guest room to make space for storage( made poor Matt go through and toss old computer/electronic equipment no longer in use... he was not impressed)
-bathroom renovation - about half way there. Good job Matt!!!
-clean out garage (after bathroom reno is done)
- new rug for t.v room . ( thank you Matt for spilling a full glass of cranberry juice on it last night... no sarcasm... I seriously hate that rug)
-frozen dinners for after baby born (problem being you have to have energy and desire to grocery shop and actually cook meals to freeze)
-Christmas shopping
-Christmas decorating
-Christmas baking (you would think I could give myself a pass this year... but no way. Christmas is my favorite time of the year even if I am fat as snowman)
That's all for now. Hopefully it will shrink rather than grow in the next 6 weeks!
Jan, I am so excited for you and your new little man on the way! I always get a little crazy (my husband would say this was a slight understatement) with nesting and my lists usually only get longer the closer we get to when the baby comes. The good news is you can still get things done after the baby gets here :) Good luck with everything!!
ReplyDeletePS - it's usually my husbands things that I want to get rid of too :)
That is quite the list :D Good luck! Nesting is so fun but terrible. It needs to happen earlier in pregnancy rather than towards the end when you have no energy.
ReplyDeleteThis is a conversation I had with Matt on Nov 9th! Maybe you should give him the memo!
ReplyDelete[07:08] Matt: they said you coming here in dec
[07:08] Darrell Swan: ya posibly
[07:08] Matt: cool
[07:10] Darrell Swan: what would we do there in dec?
[07:10] Darrell Swan: the weather prolly won't be warm huh
[07:10] Matt: hard to say, it could still be nice, or might be a little chilly
[07:11] Matt: probably not warm enough to swim
[07:12] Darrell Swan: well jan will be home a lot huh
[07:12] Darrell Swan: sara can help her nest
[07:13] Matt: she already nested
[07:13] Darrell Swan: lol and u think she's done?
[07:14] Matt: i hope so, we've pretty much got the babys room ready, just need a rocking chair and posters
lol. I guess I underestimated the nesting instinct.
ReplyDeleteHoney, don't worry, baby's can't possibly take up THAT much time. You can do all this stuff later.
PS the bath room is more than half done, give me some credit.
PPS you should have posted a pic of you playing xbox with the headset on. Then people wouldn't feel as bad for you.