Thursday, January 28, 2010

A month already?

Woa guy it has been a month already, and Wheeler seems to be growing like a weed. I guess I should get around to blogging about his birth... but nap time is precious so it is going to be a short update.
Wheeler was born by scheduled C-section. He was breech and all the crawling around /accupuncture/ positive "turn around" vibes didn't work, and we opted out of having the Dr. turn him manually due to the risks.
We went in a week before it was scheduled and the Dr. decided to bump it up to the next morning to make sure we didn't go into labor over New Years when she was gone. We had a brief panic attack, but excitement took over pretty quick, we shipped poor Murph off to Matts parents and did what all expecting parents do the night before their baby comes... went for pizza and to Avatar. 
The next morning we went into the hospital at 7:30 am, got preped, and had a baby at 9:53. All the dr.'s and nurses were great, and the procedure was complication free. (I was the most nervous about the spinal injection, but it turned out to be quick and not bad at all). Matt got to be in the room for the procedure and even video taped the baby coming out!
We stayed in the hospital for 4 days for recovery ( second day was hardest) but I had the best little 7 pound distraction in the world, and lots of vicadin. When we went home we had 2 weeks of help from my mom ( my house has never looked so clean! Thanks mom) and Murphy has only minimally tried to steal our attention. (thanks Murphy don't worry about the chewed up slippers/socks/pacifiers... we still love you)
It has been a great month with lots of firsts and lots of visitors. We are having so much fun getting to know Wheeler and figuring out our version of parenting. We absolutely adore him and can't believe how much joy someone so small can bring into our lives.
Naptime is over...

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's been a month either. Time goes way, way, way too fast. Especially when you can measure it by how much bigger your baby is. Eventually those naps will start getting longer, don't worry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fair Janny - you got to have such an easy delivery, I hope you are recovering okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, I can't believe it's been a month. He's so adorable, I'm so happy for you guys. oh and a new home video in your collection! wow was it aww or eww!?

    ReplyDelete