Saturday, April 24, 2010

Long distance is for the birds.

Apparently there is something related to long distance relationships that I am supposed to figure out in this life that I am just not getting. God keeps saying "nice try Jan and Matt... but lets just go another round to see if you can do better."  For those not in the loop Matt has to do a drilling rotation as part of his 3 year company training program at Devon and so he is currently stationed on a few drilling rigs 3 hours NE of Houston for 6 months. This long distance stretch is our lucky number 7 attempt we get at it... and if I wasn't sure it would send me into a beeline for the Hagen Daas I would calculate the number of  months total. (which at rough estimate is somewhere around 47 or 48 months). Thinking about all these months makes me wonder why it is that I'm not any better at it by now. Is it romantic that I still get homesick for Matt's company when we are apart for even a day or two? Or am I just being a "big baby" (which is what he so lovingly called me on the phone last night right before I dramatically hung up on him)...  Who knows. All I know is that yet again I am counting down days, and doing it more like a grouchy chick than a graceful Swan.

2 comments:

  1. :) I know what it is! This is a way for you to flesh out your OWN dreamy-romance-love novel that will sell millions upon MILLIONS!

    Sorry...it sucks. We'll have to be better about getting out to the zoo and stuff...and playing Catan. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When summer vacation gets here, in 28 days, I'll come and keep you company!

    In the meantime, I think it is very sweet that you still miss him when he's gone! I agree with Julia, it's the stuff best sellers are made of!

    ReplyDelete