One of the random blogs I am currently creeping is "heir to blair". The author cracks me up, and is a really identifiable writer. One of her posts is called Mcfatty Monday, and is a narrative of her progress in her goal to lose her baby weight. She checks in every week and uses the blog to keep her motivated/accountable.
Sounds like a good idea to me and my stretch marked muffin top... so I am going to give it a shot too (apart from the every week thing. I don't blog that much, and so will try to do a monthly update instead.)
So here it is Jan's Mcfatty Monday #1.
*First can I just preface this whole thing by saying that dieting sucks. I'm not big on counting calories, or salads. I don't like special K, and I'm too cheap to eat massive amounts of meat. I definitely fall under the emotional eater category. And my two comfort foods are muffins ( ironically) and of course ice cream. I have recently discovered the wonders of coffee flavored ice cream (sorry mom) and it is a bonus because it gives me a buzz masking how exhausted I really am most days. Anyway, what was my point...? oh yeah, dieting sucks and I am not good at it.
So my goal in this is obviously to lose some of the extra fat I stored up over the last 9 months. In full disclosure I gained close to 40 pounds with this pregnancy/during fertility treatments leading up to the pregnancy, and I have only lost about 25 of that so far. So... I guess a good concrete goal is to lose the remaining 15 pounds. I'm mindful that dieting can affect your milk supply, and since I am still "feedbagging" it according to Darrell, I am going to take it slow and try to drop no more than 5 pounds a month. Since I am not a dietitian and have really never tried to consciously lose a set amount of weight before... I figure I will just try 3 random dieting techniques/strategies each month and then see in the end which fit best into my lifestyle and help me lose the weight without making me too annoyed.
My strategies for the first month are: #1 no more soda, #2 eat more vegetables than carbs in a day, and #3 do at least 45 minutes of low impact exercise every day. ( I am NOT a runner, and have no intention of pretending to be one so keep that bandwagon moving away from me.) At the end of this month we will see if my 3 strategies have worked and if I have stuck to them. I am of course open to suggestions, and would love to hear what worked well for you to lose baby weight or sympathy weight. Wish me luck!
I totally understand. I wont diet and I don't count calories. I have been filling out a bit lately, so I have decided to cut out all sugar (no artificial sugars either, that stuff will kill you!), as it is my all consuming addiction. I am on week two of sugar free and I am amazed that my pants are starting to feel loose again. That is all I am doing, along with a few walks a week, and it is helping me right now....
ReplyDeleteI should do this, too! I have 10 pounds of baby weight left that I've done nothing about for 4 months! (Actually, I've done a lot of thinking about them and hating them, but nothing to actually LOSE them). GOOD LUCK, it sounds like you have a good plan! I HATE diets, too!
ReplyDeleteI am trying to do 30 minutes of exercise 4 times a week. Most fo the time I end up just walking around the track at the dog park while I let the pups play. You should join me!
ReplyDeleteGood luck, Jan! Seriously, do what works for you and your body. Having never lost baby weight, I can't offer specific advice, but I'll just wish you luck and give you encouragement along the way! I bet writing about your progress every week will give you some needed motivation, right.
ReplyDeletethanks for the shout out! Im doing all I can to help
ReplyDelete