OK here is the skinny on getting skinny. It has been a month since my first Mcfatty Monday post and my goal was to lose 4 or 5 pounds of my everlingering baby weight during that time. I am proud to say that if I weigh myself without a stitch of clothing on, after going to the bathroom, and feeding Wheeler on both sides, I totally made the goal... Way to go me! I am less proud that I didn't stick to any of my 4 dieting techniques over the last month and most of that weight lost was largely due to a case of the flu I caught at the beginning of the month and probably breastfeeding. Whoops. Ah well, I suck, what can you do but get back in the saddle and try again this month.
This month my goal is another 4 or 5 pounds. I'm sticking with the 30-45 minutes of exercise a day plan and am determined to do better at it. Walking with the baby and Murphy has been good, but I get wimpy when the thermostat hits 90, and in the evening when you have to use a baseball ball to swat off the swarms of mosquitos that love Houstons humidity. I will buy some Off and do better.
As for the goal to replace all soda with water... that one is dumb and off the list. There are worse things than soda... like Starbucks frappacinos and Sonic cream chillers, so I will lent them this month instead.
I am eating fairly healthy, but definitely not more veggies than carbs. So that goal is something to work on this month. And I am also going to make a goal to only indulge in desserts when I am eating out... and to keep them out of the house as much as possible. ( which includes Matt's mom's never ending supply of girl guide cookies and discount Kroger pies... just say no is my new mantra).
I guess that is it for now. Wish me luck again , and feel free to send me "you have to wear a bathing suit at the lake so get of your butt" emails throughout the month!
Haha, this post totally makes me laugh because A)You're so honest, and B) I can totally relate! I ALWAYS weigh myself totally naked, after nursing both sides, blowing my nose, etc. And I can't give up pop either. But way to go on losing weight this month (I can't relate there,..still 10 pounds to go!) You look great in all your pics, don't be too hard on yourself!
ReplyDeleteGo Jan!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I laughed out loud when I read, "As for the goal to replace all soda with water... that one is dumb and off the list."