Thursday, April 14, 2011

Away we go...

Get ready, get set... and away we go. The Swans are selling out and moving to the Suburbs! My in-laws have moved to Malaysia for 3 years, leaving their house out it Katy empty until they return. The pros and cons list is long in this decision... but at the end of the day cash is king and who can really pass up free rent? So our house that we love is on the market, and we are trying our best to keep it presentable for showings amidst the wake of Wheeler.
Here are some of the pictures the real estate broker took. Want to buy it?








*I have never gotten around to blogging about the amazing renovation Matt did on our master bathroom this winter. It went from foam green tile to so open and pretty. Good job dear!






Oh man I am getting sad looking through these pictures. It wasn't our first house in Texas, but felt like our first "home". We put so much sweat and work into it these past 3 years and have so many fond memories with family and friends. I am not good with change, but my logical head is over-riding my anxious stomach and sad heart on this move. Deep breath... away we go!

5 comments:

  1. Way to go on the bathroom! That bathroom doesn't even remotely resemble how it was before, I am amazed how fresh and big it looks now!
    So sad you have to move, but now you get your own pool! We'll still visit you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is super cute. If we were making more money AND staying in Houston more permanently, I'd totally snatch it up. :)

    Good luck selling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm, if you move to Salt Lake instead of Katy, I will make you dinner every Sunday, and watch all your future babies if you want to go to work, and basically love you to death. Come on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. your house is SO nice janny! i'd snatch it up if i was a texan. sad to leave after renos though, i know that story. i'm sure you'll do more in the future, and maybe someday on Canadian soil? just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute house!! I bet it is so hard to leave after all the time and love you've put into your house, but how on earth could you pass up free rent? That is awesome! I hope it sells quickly for you! :)

    ReplyDelete