Saturday, April 2, 2011

Feliz Cumpleanos to me!

My 30th birthday present was a week on the beach in Mexico! We planned and coordinated the trip with Matt's brother Darrell and Sara (who were celebrating their 10th anniversary) and their 3 kids... and oh my goodness what a great week! We stayed at puerto aventuras an all-inclusive resort 20km south of Playa Del Carmen. ( an hour south of Cancun for those who have never been to Mexico). It was a perfect family resort, without a ton of the spring break crazies, and we had delicious food, great weather and such fun company! Here are some of our pictures.
The Family
The cousins
The beach
The ocean
The pool
The Tulum ruins. (Matt and I took a half day trip to Tulum. It was an incredible tour and the beach was amazing with huge waves and a fun chance to swim without watching over a crazy busy toddler.)
The beach at Tulum
the token swimsuit photo. (every female scrutinizes her body in a swim suit... but I figure if I can't post a picture of my less than perfect body in a swimsuit at 30 it's never gonna happen. Cheers to lovehandles! 
The never ending supply of frozen drinks.... (*We discovered the Miami Vice... which is the most delicious drink invented... a pina colada mixed with a strawberry daiquiri! )
the funny life size chess board

the sea breeze swings
The pretty sunsets and my two favorite men. 
The perfect 30th birthday present.

7 comments:

  1. I was freaking out that I missed your 30th birthday! Then I realized it's not for 2 weeks...Phewsh! What an awesome birthday present! It looks like you had an amazing time. You have to pack in the holidays while Wheeler is still free! Enjoy your last few days in your 20s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO fun!! the perfect b-day present for sure. love all the pics, and you look great janny, good call on the darker hair, it suits you completely. also, wheeler is freakin adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an awesome birthday present! Love seeing pictures of you and your cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome birthday celebration and a perfect way to ring in your 30s! P.S. I think we'll need to have a GNO soon to celebrate AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome trip! It looks heavenly! What a perfect way to celebrate your 30th :) Happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a posh birthday :) Looks like it was tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um ya, pretty much the best way to celebrate turning 30! Looks like a fun trip, and that's so awesome you got to go with the cousins, that is the way to do it!

    ReplyDelete