Matt and I are also very excited about becoming a family of 4. For those who don't follow, we have trouble getting pregnant and so we feel relieved and excited to have made it successfully through another series of fertility treatments. Similarly to our efforts to conceive Wheeler, we used a combination of Metformin and Clomid medication with a trigger shot and this time around an IUI. By fertility standards it is a fairly non-intense treatment, although when you are in the middle of it all with the emotional swings and constant Dr. appointments it doesn't feel like such a walk in the park. The entire process took about a year as we had a few other health complications to address before starting the medication.
So now it is the fun part! And this pregnancy has been going very well so far! Wheeler helps to keep me busy and active and the first trimester has flown by with nothing more than a little feeling overtired and the constant desire to stuff my face. It is a catch 22 for me when I am pregnant... I feel sick if I don't keep something in my stomach, but all the eating makes for early weight gain and a less than lovely looking pre-bump bump. Oh well, c'est la vie. Time to bust out the belly band and pretend that it is just a really big baby. With this pregnancy I have craved my usual lemonade, big glasses of milk, mashed potatoes, and this time around bagels and pickles.
We don't know if it will be a boy or a girl yet. My hunch changes on a weekly basis. But we will find out soon and keep you posted. Updates and pictures to follow!
Soooo exciting!!!! We can't wait to meet him or her! Hope the pregnancy keeps going smooth! Love ya! Lish
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Jan!!! That's so exciting, I'm so happy for you and your little family!
ReplyDeleteWe are so excited for you guys!!! I am glad that your first trimester has gone so we'll :) jan you are a trooper! Congrats!
ReplyDeletewooo hooo!!!! Congrats to Wheeler (and to you and Matt, of course!)
ReplyDeleteHooray, congrats Jano! That's so exciting! I hope you keep having such a great pregnancy, I'm going to guess that Wheeler will have a baby brother. I'm so happy for you guys. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats Jan! I like to think that the pain and annoyance makes it all the sweeter.
ReplyDeleteHooray!!! What happy and exciting news! I am so incredibly happy and excited for your new little one. And so happy that this pregnancy is treating you well, I hope that it just keeps getting better :) Congrats, Jan!
ReplyDeleteYah! Congrats!
ReplyDelete