Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Crazy fun Thanksgiving week.

Oh man, I better get around to blogging about our Thanksgiving before Christmas hits and I forget completely!
We had a crazy and busy past week with so much going on that I decided to throw myself a turkey bone and put the camera on the shelf and enjoy the festivities. (The few pictures I have are stolen from other peoples blogs/cameras:)
We kicked things off the Sunday before thanksgiving with a pre-Thanksgiving potluck feast with my girl friends and their husbands. ( The 5 of us do a monthly girls night out and decided to mix things up and include our husbands and kids for a change) We had it at our place and it was awesome! We had the whole traditional Thankgiving feast plus some... and with everyone only in charge of a few dishes it was easy and stress free.

Here is Julia and I being anti-social and eating with the babies in the kitchen... ( note the paper plates and forks... when I host I do it in style! ;)

Wheeler was let loose on his first piece of pie at our potluck. If he could talk he would say it was delicious.

After our early potluck we stayed Thankful by starting the long weekend off early and getting a babysitter so we could go for Phillycheese steaks and to a matinĂ©e of Harry Potter with The Nuttalls. (*this was our first non-grandma, non-friend baby sitter we have EVER had. A very liberating and noteworthy occasion in my opinion) The movie was great but a word to the wise... don't go see Harry Potter with a group of people where you are the only nerd who has read the books. The entire move you will be battered with questions and wont be able to fully enjoy.

Thursday our friends the Raes arrived! Oh how we love the Rae's. They have now been in Texas almost as long as we have and it has been fun to share the woes and loves of being Canadian-Texans with them. We have started a tradition of doing American Thanksgiving with them, and this year we were grateful that they made the drive to our house. We made the feast. Watched A&M beat UT (again). Went to the Houston Children's Museum. And attempted Black Friday shopping. (this year we were smarter than other years and casually wandered out to the mall at the end of the day instead of at 4 in the morning with the other crazies.) It was a really fun visit. Here is one of the only pictures I broke my no camera vow to take. Wheeler and sweet Ali were just too cute in their pajama's and playing so well to pass up.


After the Raes left, we closed out our Thanksgiving festivities with a post feast feast of Turkey dumplings at Matt's parents house. Wheeler was excited to see his Grandma and Grandpa who had been on a motorcycle trip for the past week, and stared in his Papa's debut video camera movies for him. Of course Papa took some great Thanksgiving pictures to commemorate. (but pics to follow as papa is in London until the end of the week!) 

So that was our crazy fun Thanksgiving week. I think I need a really long nap followed by a really long run to get ready for Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving! And I love your thankful list, I was just nodding in agreement with each one :)

    ReplyDelete